Robin Hogarth is a double Grammy Award Winning Producer, Composer, and Arranger.
He has made his mark in the industry as the go-to producer of Southern African Traditional Music for TV and Film. His music has been used by celebs like Oprah and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. He’s collaborated on projects with legends like Paul Simon, Alicia Keys, and Johnny Clegg.
The challenge of Robin’s website was how to fit such an enormous wealth of albums, projects, and accolades into one online resource that does justice to his incredible living legacy.
- Robin Hogarth: Producer, Arranger & Composer
- Web design
- Website Build
- Graphic Design
- 14 Pages
- Custom graphics, copy, and layout
- Playable Music Library
- WordPress Build
- Customized Blog Posts
- Project and Resource Cataloging
- Responsive design optimized for any device
CUSTOM FULL-WIDTH BANNER HEADERS
With a career spanning over 50 years across multiple genres, Robin had accumulated so much content that the biggest challenge with this project was how to organize it. We wanted to create a pleasurable, engaging experience for the website visitor that would also radiate Robin’s uplifting, eclectic personal brand.
We went through 3 completely different iterations of the website design before settling on the “double exposure” page header concept with African/fusion theme details. Using this style we hinted subtly at the “film” aspect of his career and were able to combine key story elements into interesting and colorful compositions.
Anyone who knows Robin will know his legendary, colorful shirts. This was the main inspiration for the double exposure idea. The shirt “patterns” now became the subject matter of the page.
Within the pages themselves:
- We kept the homepage simple and impactful, an invitation to jump into the area of the website most interesting to the visitor and an engaging taste of the rest of the site’s style.
- The double exposure theme run’s throughout the site’s pages. We also included multimedia on virtually every page of the site. Videos of Robin’s projects all over the world color the site. Over 200 sample audio clips give visitors the full-bodied flavor of his work.
- The site is designed to lead a visitor through all the work they’re interested in a kind of content loop and once they’ve learned enough, contact Robin to become involved in their next project. At the bottom of almost all pages are suggested pages to continue to explore and a contact form to reach out.
BEFORE VS AFTER
Thanks for Viewing!
We’re available for a limited number of client campaigns
Nonfiction authors usually write books to promote their business and other services. This can include speaking opportunities, consulting, or any…
Why book trailers? When it comes to online content, people are spending more time watching videos than they are reading…
With the book-selling world moving more and more online at a crazy rate, you don’t want to get left using…
Getting visitors to your new author website is more challenging than many authors expect. You know how much care and…
Which blog for authors has the best advice? The internet has about 600 million blogs! That’s a lot to choose…
Did you know that one of the main reasons your book suffers from low sales is its cover? Starting off…
Are you tired of plain and boring thriller author websites? Are you looking for something suspenseful that keeps you on…
Wanting to know what can keep children busy for longer than 10 seconds? Or how to make the most entertaining…
Why your cover art matters The old saying “don’t judge a book by its cover” does not apply to actual…
Looking for scary, shocking and nightmarish features to add to your author’s website? Or are you wanting to start the…