Melissa McPhail is a rising star in the epic fantasy genre. Her audiobooks on Amazon Audible have featured in the No1 best-selling spot in the genre.
Her previous website, while pretty amazing for a website created several years ago, was simply not a true representation of her as a top author and story teller.
Over a detailed briefing phase, we carefully discovered exactly what was needed and wanted in her new website. The overall concept was an immersive experience, submerging fans within the magical world of her novel series, “A Pattern of Shadow and Light”.
- Author: Melissa McPhail
- Web design
- Website Build
- Graphic Design
- Email template
- 12 Pages
- Custom graphics, copy, and layout
- Animated scroll-activated user-experience
- WordPress Build
- Existing 70 Post Blog Fully integrated
- Existing Shop integration
- Responsive design optimized for any device
FULL-WIDTH NOVEL SHOWCASE HERO BANNER
Melissa’s home page is a landing page for everything “A Pattern of Shadow and Light” related.
- Front and centre are her beautiful books, inviting you to explore them further both in a full-width splash banner and also featured with individual blurbs. Both visual and written approaches thereby give a two-fold opportunity for engagement and sales.
- The purpose of the website is to give a dedicated, fan-centred hub to really fully immerse fans in Melissa’s rich, fictional universe. Custom illustrated maps, pages of magical lore, character glossaries and world references show readers that this is where Alorin lives online.
We set up an email newsletter template to be used in her rapidly expanding fan email list.
The response to the email and general new website launch was overwhelmingly well received by fans.
Open rates ranked 25% higher than industry averages with click-through rates 17% higher than industry averages.
Overall this resulted in a 6 times increase in email subscriber growth rate.
Nonfiction authors usually write books to promote their business and other services. This can include speaking opportunities, consulting, or any…
Why book trailers? When it comes to online content, people are spending more time watching videos than they are reading…
With the book-selling world moving more and more online at a crazy rate, you don’t want to get left using…
Getting visitors to your new author website is more challenging than many authors expect. You know how much care and…
Which blog for authors has the best advice? The internet has about 600 million blogs! That’s a lot to choose…
Did you know that one of the main reasons your book suffers from low sales is its cover? Starting off…
Are you tired of plain and boring thriller author websites? Are you looking for something suspenseful that keeps you on…
Wanting to know what can keep children busy for longer than 10 seconds? Or how to make the most entertaining…
Why your cover art matters The old saying “don’t judge a book by its cover” does not apply to actual…
Looking for scary, shocking and nightmarish features to add to your author’s website? Or are you wanting to start the…